Monday, May 6, 2013

Adventure Day!

Today started off slow, but it turned into a very nice and adventure filled day! Joel and I started working on our wedding guest list, we took Ty-Ty to a new dog park, and we finished the day by testing a new restaurant. We decided to try a dog park by our house that has been advertised in the area. Ty-Ty LOVED it! There was the typical fenced in area, but there was also a man made pond just for the dogs to play in! Needless to say it was a very fun and entertaining event!

After the dog park we decided to go on an impromptu culinary adventure. We tried a restaurant called TruFire and we were very pleased! We wanted food that was unique and high quality, and that is what we got! Joel got the ribeye sandwich, I ordered the Diablo Pizza, and my father, who came along, ordered the pasta with Diablo sauce. Of course I tried all three dishes, and all three were tasty! The steak sandwich had a crispy bun and the steak was tender and well seasoned, the pasta had a distinct taste that was bold and creamy, but not too bold. I do wish it had been a little spicier. The pizza was delicious, I loved the creamy avocado, beef tenderloin, diablo sauce combo. The pizza also had cilantro and some sort of ranch type sauce on it as well, and honestly I could have done without it. The flavors were wonderful,but they did not quite mesh together completely. That being said, I would definitely eat it again! I think that I am still partial to Veranda and their excellent flavor pairing choices. Their pizza is still the one to beat. Fresh mozzarella is makes such a difference! There are several other items on TruFire's menu that I am intrigued by, there are several salads and sandwiches that seem unique and flavorful. I plan on telling y'all about them when I go back to try them! Overall, I would say that this is somewhere to go for a nice change of pace and a cozy atmosphere. A far as food originality it is below our other favorite Whiskey Cake, but way above typical chain restaurants. The ingredient freshness seems good, however the freshness doesn't stand out compared to Veranda and Whiskey Cake, our ultimate favorites. All of us enjoyed the food, the service, and we will definitely be coming back. I think that exploration of the menu will help to bump it up even higher than it already is in my book.













1 comment:

  1. Thanks! I just approved your blog claim. Now your Urbanspoon profile picture is displayed on your blog page. You can upload a blog-specific photo if you prefer, and can change a few other blog settings there. Also, if you vote for a restaurant that you've reviewed on your blog, we now show your vote next to your post everywhere on our site.

    http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/13/10919/Dallas-Fort-Worth/Restaurants-Recipes-and-Randoms.html

    Best,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete